CapCup 2017 player profile: Mago

Some people are fans of Mago. But many other people are NOT fans of Mago. This article is for those in the latter group. And yes, I did completely steal this idea from Drew Magary. So sue me.

Your player
Mago, seen here dressed as a self-confident penis:


I know that he's not TRYING to cosplay as a penis in that picture, but you still have to hand it to him: if I looked like that, my facial expression would be less "heh, I'm so cool" and more "Jesus, what have I done with my life."


AKA
2D God


Career highlight
I've heard of chip-kill setups, but this is more than just chip - it's half a fucking potato.



Shoutouts to Zhi on commentary, too.


Strange personal hobby
Apparently Mago likes to molest chubby men? Apparently that's a thing?
I feel like this profile is quickly becoming NSFW.


Now, okay - it is what it is. Steph Curry likes feet, and Mago likes manboobs. It's cool. It's a thing that happens. Like the song says, "Different strokes for different folks." I just never thought I'd see the day when the FGC was a hotbed of people who like to stroke manboobs.


If he were a Ninja Turtle, which Ninja Turtle would he be?
Michelangelo, hands down. If you ever wanted to see what it would look like for a party dude to be a top Street Fighter player, just look at Mago - that's him in a nutshell, or, I guess, turtleshell. Wherever he is and whatever he's doing, Mago's guaranteed to be having a good time. He has a good time when he's playing!



He has a good time when he's not playing!
He has a good time on commentary!



He has a good time in toy stores!
He has a good time with cosplayers!


There are billionaires who aren't that happy on a day-to-day basis. My guess? Mago is high as shit 24/7. I see no other explanation.


But did he beat Mike Ross?
Not the first time, no - but Mago got him in the runback.



Everybody knows it's the runback that really counts.


Why he's getting bodied at Capcom Cup
Here's the iron rule of Street Fighter: even though the best player doesn't always win the title, the best player of a character always does. Tokido? Clearly the best Akuma. Nuckle Du, as of last winter? Far and away the best Guile. Infiltration? Best Nash by a mile. Same for Momochi's Ken, Xian's Gen, Kazunoko's Yun, and right on down the list. But Mago is not the best Karin - that'd be Punk. Hell, Mago isn't even the second-best Karin, because that's Justin Wong. So, what, the THIRD-best Karin is gonna win Capcom Cup? Fuck outta here.


"But wait," you say
As we all know, Mago is Tokido's not-so-secret weapon. So obviously the guy's got SOMETHING left in the tank. I dunno what that thing IS or why it's not helping HIM to win tournaments, but maybe someone can enlighten me in the comments.

Comments

Post a Comment